Friday 13 March 2015

DISAPPOINTING PRODUCTS


Every so often, there comes a time where I want to change up my makeup and try new products that I've heard nothing but good about and that will hopefully become a favourite. Unfortunately this isn't always the case and we get majorly disappointed and wonder why oh why the world hates us so much.. Well, I do anyways.
Let me start with a little generic disclaimer and say that what may not work for me may be the perfect product for you. These are just my personal opinions and experiences.



Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (here)
Rimmel are a brand that I've loved since the very start of discovering makeup, their products are so affordable and yet still remain high quality. I heard so many good things about this foundation as many bloggers and YouTubers swear by it, with its ability to give you that much desired dewy, healthy glow while still providing great coverage. I must say, at first I liked it, it made my skin look bright and awake but then I noticed that my skin was looking a bit too oily after only an hour or two. It gave me lovely glowy skin but then glowy turned into sticky and greasy. Not a good look. It was so bad that I had to re purchase my previous foundation and ditch a whole bottles worth of wake me up foundation (my purse weeps). That being said I loved the consistency and coverage of the foundation and I've heard great reviews from people who also have oily skin. I think I was just unlucky.

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder (here)
This is another product that I picked up after hearing many great things about, it was the first ever bronzer I'd ever used so I was hoping for miraculous results. I bought this is the lightest shade as I'm very fair skinned. I found that it's too orange for me and honestly, I don't think it smells like chocolate in the slightest. Sorry. Although I don't think it's worth the hype, the product itself lasts so long (I've been using it everyday for almost a year and a half and I still haven't hit pan!) and it's nicely presented.

L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara (here)
Again, another product that was hyped up and loved by many (do you sense a reoccurring theme here? No?) that screamed at me to buy it. It seemed to promise mega volume and length with a deep black colour. This really didn't work for me, it clumped my lashes together and I found the brush a bit too big to work with. I must say, I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to mascara as my lashes are just hard work.

Rimmel Match Perfection Fix & Perfect Primer (here)
  • Another Rimmel product that I bought alongside the Wake Me Up Foundation (2 for £10) that I really didn't get along with. This primer claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify and protect the face. I agree with its smoothing property as my foundation glided on beautifully but as for the rest I didn't see any results. For me this primer didn't mattify my skin, in fact it actually made me oily! I tested my foundation with and without it and it turned out that my skin was less oily without it underneath! I was so shocked as the formula isn't greasy at all and sinks into the skin very quickly leaving no residue behind whatsoever. Maybe I'll test it again one day but for now it just isn't for me.

Did these products work for you or were they a big fat no no like they were for me? 

Shannon - xo

No comments :

Post a Comment