Wednesday 4 March 2015

NEUTROGENA OIL FREE MOISTURISER | REVIEW

Recently, I've really tried to up my skincare regime and tackle my oil ridden skins as it was becoming so unmanageable. I've been on the hunt for anything and everything that will possibly help reduce my oiliness and keep my skin looking healthy and hydrated at the same time. I decided
to turn to the Internet and search for moisturisers suitable for oily/combination skin which would do just that. I found myself on boots' website and stumbled across the Neutrogena visibly clear oil-free moisturiser and I've been loving the results so far.
Let's start with the packaging. The moisturiser is presented in a cardboard box with a lovely vibrant orange and white design to catch the eye. The tube of oil free moisturiser itself is a lovely sleek, almost rectangle-like package (not your standard cylindrical, dare I say boring, tube) with a simple two-twist lid to keep it very hygienic and mess free. Something I immediately loved and wasn't expecting to find on opening the box.
The Neutrogena Visibly Clear oil-free moisturiser is quite a thick and creamy lotion containing ingredients such as aloe and camomile which aim to soothe and moisturise the skin and protect against dryness. The formula also contains Salicylic Acid to help prevent blemishes, without blocking your pores. A winner in my eyes! The packaging also states that the oil free moisturiser claims to smoothe and even out skin tone, I was pretty skeptical at first but after using this for only a few weeks, I can see that my skin is much brighter and a lot less red and dull than it was before. 
As the formula is pretty thick and creamy, I much prefer to slather loads on in the evening before I go to bed after I've cleansed to really let it do its work rather than in the morning. I found that using this in the morning before applying my makeup was a bit hard to work with and was a bit too heavy for me personally. The reason I really wanted to do a review on this moisturiser was because I recently stopped using it for a few days and noticed that my skin started to look particularly dry around my nose and forehead, so I smothered my face in it before bed one night and the results the following morning were impressive. My skin felt soft, looked radiant and my dry patches around my nose and forehead were noticeably reduced. 

Overall I'm so happy that I discovered this moisturiser and I think it's definitely for keeps!
Let me know of you have any great products for oily skin in the comments below!

Shannon,
xox

No comments :

Post a Comment